Saturday, July 21, 2012

Walmart

Walmart.com has been my best friend since I've been out here. If there is anything I need that we can't get here, Walmart can ship it! Shipping here has no rhyme or reason, though. It could take 3 days to over a month. I ordered Clarke's birthday present, a BBQ grill, from Walmart and we just received it last week. It took about 4 weeks and 2 days to get here! I had it all assembled by the time Clarke got home from work. We've already had some yummy meals cooked up on it and I'm sure it will see lots of use!
Nothing too fancy, but gets the job done.
Had to position it so you get a pretty awesome view while you're grilling! Nothing better.
 I was also on the lookout for a vacuum that I could use to pick up all the nasty cat hair and dust that flies around on our tile floors. We have a regular vacuum here, but it just makes the hair fly and is mostly meant for carpets. I saw on Walmart (where else, right?) that they had this little Bissell vacuum that everyone said was awesome for tile floors and picking up pet hair and the best part was it was only $19! I ordered it and I got it in 4 days (see no rhyme or reason about the shipping here)! This little vacuum is awesome! I use it everyday and it's pretty gross to see the amount of dust/cat hair/my hair it picks up off the floors (at least that shows that it's working, right?)! It doesn't work on carpets and is not super powerful, but it does what I need it to.

It comes in cute colors too!

We also use Walmart to ship us our lovely Crystal Light that Clarke and I can't seem to live without(it's better than drinking soda isn't it?). You can get a few select flavors here, but not the ones we like and they charge $5 a box here for those bad boys! Crazy!

Anyways, I am glad I can still get the things we need/enjoy by shipping it in even though it may take a while for it to get here. Going to the post office is a fun trip for us and we love being surprised with our packages of loot! Feel free to send us care packages whenever you'd like. Bug spray and Crystal Light are always needed! :-)

2 comments:

  1. And your address would be? Guess you better email me! :) Sounds like someone could use a care package! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maren you are so sweet! I actually just got a huge package from my mom that got us stocked up pretty good, but I'll let you know when my Crystal Light is running low :-). Oh and thanks again for the sunscreen you got us! That stuff is like gold out here!

      Delete