Saturday, September 15, 2012

Catch Up From Last Month

Sorry everyone for the lack of posts this last month. I haven't had anything "post worthy" lately. We still are adjusting to living out here. Some days I am good and other days I am not so good. Clarke is desperately trying to find ways to get transferred out of here and it's not looking so good. They keep telling him that there is no way he will get to leave and we may be out here for 5 or 6 years. Oh my, I can't imagine living here that long! However, you never know what may happen, so Clarke is working his butt off and trying to do the best he can. I am so glad that Clarke is an amazing worker and has so much motivation to be successful in everything he does! I know that things will work out for us the way they are supposed to! Ok, enough with that, this post was meant to highlight my parents finally coming out to St Thomas to visit! You have no idea how nice it was to have familiar faces here and for them to see where we live. My goal was to convince them how bad it really is to live here just so that when I complain about things here, they agree and are on my side! I tried to take them to all the ghetto places (not hard since they are everywhere and have to be driven through to get anywhere on this island) and showed them where I am forced to go grocery shopping and the outrageous prices of everything. Not sure if it worked, but at least they have a good idea of our lives out here. Here are a few pictures of my parents and their time out here:

Magens Bay, St Thomas

On the ferry to St John
Trunk Bay, St John

Trunk Bay, St John

Snorkeling in St John
My mom lounging on the beach while we snorkel

Cute little crab

These iguanas are everywhere and they are mean!

Secret Harbour, St Thomas (some of the best snorkeling on the island)

In front of the largest cruise ship in the world, Oasis of the Seas.
View of the ship leaving as we were eating dinner.
My mom also got to celebrate her birthday with us while she was here. Sorry, mom for not singing you happy birthday (I just realized we never did that)! It was such a fun time with them here and I wish they could come more often.

I am really excited for our upcoming trip to Austin in just about a week! I'm afraid that I'm not going to want to leave Texas once I get there. Clarke may have to drag me on the plane!

1 comment:

  1. we had the best time and you two were the perfect hosts! Believe me, we saw what you are going thru and I feel bad for you, you know your dad always looks for the best in everything and always will. Thanks again for such a nice, restful week!

    ReplyDelete