Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Not So Glamorous Part of Living in Paradise

1 ~ Bugs! We've gotten a control of the cockroaches, but we haven't figured out how to get rid of the mosquitoes!

2 ~ Saharan Dust. I had no idea what this was until it hit us a few days ago. It causes a nasty haze, heat, and allergies. Wikipedia explains it here.

3 ~ Power Outages. It sucks! Need I say more?

4 ~ Crime. I am always thinking about our safety here. Just this week, two police officers and a tourist were shot in separate shootings. It worries me just a bit.

5 ~ Humidity! 90% humidity causes me to be a gross greasy mess. I wash my face at least 3 times a day and I still don't think that is enough.

6 ~ Lack of Friends/Family. I am missing home like crazy. It is so difficult to be so far away from our friends and family.

7 ~ The Cost of Living. I honestly don't know how people afford to live out here. I just can't get over how much groceries, gas, and electricity are!


Is it bad to already be counting down the days until we get to move back to the states even though we don't know when that is?! It has just been a tough week so of course all I can focus on are the bad things. I know that anywhere will have its good and bad. I'm sure that the longer I live here the easier things will be to deal with.  Here's to having a better week!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, actually living in paradise isn't pretty, but you have each other! (And a blog with which to connect to the real world and vent!) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.I'm sorry things aren't paradise. We'll keep you all in our prayers! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete