Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Part 2

Happy Memorial Day everyone! We had a great weekend off and I hope everyone else did as well! Today we did a little shopping and shopping here means you drive around the whole island to every grocery store until you find which store has what you need. Oh man, do I miss Target and HEB! Anyways, it was fun to drive around and check out parts of the island I haven't been to yet (and will probably never go again). There was one cruise ship in town today.

Sorry for the reflection of Clarke's legs in this one!
We went to walk around the shops at Yacht Haven Grande which is an upscale shopping center right in the harbor where the cruise ships and yachts dock. The yachts that are docked here are amazing! How would it be to own one of those?!


Really? This is too funny:


10 miles per hour is just too fast for this parking lot! We continued our drive around the island in search of a scratching post for our cats (which we never found) and we ended up stopping by Home Depot. Now, everything on the island is scaled down because of the lack of flat ground to build things on, so the Kmarts and other stores are much smaller then you would find in the states. For some weird reason they built this Home Depot super sized! Anyways, we stocked ourselves up on roach killer and bug bombs. We are having a hard time with all of the nasty cockroaches and mosquitoes we have in our house. We came home and locked the cats up in our bedroom and we bug bombed the kitchen/living room. It was a perfect time to head down to the beach while we bombed the house. We have a quiet little beach that is just 5 minutes from our house called Hull Bay.




I love these little blue fish!
We chased around these large school of fish.


That long skinny fish is called a Trumpet fish (the name is totally fitting) and they are super fast!

We were finally able to get a picture of a turtle!

We followed it around for a good half hour! Who knew snorkeling could be such a great workout!

 We are now all beached out, if that is even possible. I hope everyone had a safe holiday and let us remember those who served our country!
My Grandma, Uncle Brett, and Mom at Camp Williams at my Grandpa Clifford's grave.

7 comments:

  1. What a cool Memorial Day! We are already planning our trip out to your little paradise next summer. You will have to take us to that awesome beach. I hope you get rid of those cockroaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! What a glamorous life! Well, except for the roaches...I really hope you get that figured out. I will be sending something in the mail to you in the next few days, so be looking for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brooke! I love mail! I miss you guys!

      Delete
  3. nice of you to add this pic of us at the graveside, dad and Tyler didn't jump in the picture. I don't blame them, look at my rolls, my diet started today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful. That 9 1/2 mph cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be visiting your paradise the last week of June! Doug and I are going on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary and St. Thomas is one of our ports. All of these pictures are getting me very excited to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! It's so beautiful out here and I know you guys will love it! Call us if you need a personal tour guide! :-)

      Delete