Wow, yesterday was crazy! Clarke had told me before I moved in that the roof leaked, but I had no idea how bad! I was sitting here at home working when all of a sudden it starts to pour, not rain, but POUR! I have never seen rain like this before and here I thought we had crazy storms in Texas. Not even close! Right then I started noticing small droplets dropping from the ceiling. I went to each room to see where it was leaking. Pretty much every room had water coming in. I hadn't noticed the biggest leak, which was in the kitchen, until the whole kitchen had been soaked. It was all over the counters, stove, floor, EVERYWHERE! I was freaking out! I tried to grab as many containers and buckets as I could to help catch the water, but it was still not enough. Thank goodness Clarke came home about an hour after the rain had started. It continued to rain for about another hour after that. We called our property manager and he sent some guys out to put a giant tarp over the roof to help keep the rain out.
 |
| The storm clouds rolling in |
 |
| If you can't tell, the floor and counters are soaked! |
 |
| The rain was coming down the window like a water fall! |
 |
| Our porch that shouldn't be soaking wet but is because of some large holes in the roof! |
I thought the rain had stopped, but we got a little surprise around 1:00 am and it continued to pour all night. Clarke and I had to get up 3 times last night to rearrange our buckets to catch new leaks. I am exhausted. Clarke is exhausted. I really hope they fix this soon before we get hit with something much bigger, a HURRICANE!
Wow! I hope they fix the leaks too!
ReplyDeleteUm yeah, water inside the house is no good. Especially in the middle of the night! Hope that gets resolved soon!
ReplyDeleteA tarp over the roof looks super classy! Clarke might need to learn how to patch a roof since your landlord doesn't do anything!
ReplyDelete