Is it possible to have too much sun, fun, and beach? Too much sun, yes! It doesn't matter how much sunscreen we slather ourselves with it, we get fried. It must be that our skin is white (go figure) and that the UV index is an 11! But, we did end up having so much fun on the beach! We went over to St John again and stopped by Trunk Bay, which people say is the most beautiful beach in the islands... and it was! It was a little crowded, but still lots of fun. We had our waterproof camera this time and so we were able to catch lots of pics of under the sea. Unfortunately, we didn't see any sting rays or turtles this time. Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures of me. It's hard to take pictures of yourself when you are the photographer! Anyways, get ready for lots of pics!
 |
| Best money we ever spent on this cool waterproof cover for our digital camera |
 |
| On the ferry to St John. The weather was perfect! |
 |
| I can't control my hair no matter what I do. Clarke's freshly shaven head is about to get sunburned! |
 |
| Trunk bay which is part of the Virgin Islands National Park. |
 |
| Trunk Bay. Clarke wouldn't look at me. |
 |
| Trunk Bay. The water was like bath water and it was so clear! |
 |
| They have this cool snorkel trail that had these information plaques to tell you about the sea life. |
 |
| I had to get at least one picture of me under the water. |
 |
| This is one of my favorites. I love the shape the fish are making. |
 |
| Clarke trying to touch the fish but they always seem to escape |
 |
| I love the red coral. |
 |
| Clarke chasing a mammoth fish. This picture is deceiving. That fish is at least 3-4 feet long! |
 |
| This fish kept going around and around chasing the little fish. |
 |
| These fish were my favorite. I love their neon blue color! |
 |
| I'm not sure what this beach is called. |
We decided to leave Trunk Bay after a few hours and drive around the island in search of another beach. Clarke had been to an "off the beaten path" beach when he was working out in St John a few weeks ago so we made our way over. It's on the complete opposite end of the island then Trunk Bay. It was fun to drive around and take in the scenery. St John has lots of wild donkeys, goats, and deer (weird)! We had to stop a few times to let the goats cross the road. All of a sudden we got to a part of the road that was not paved. I was trying to figure out when we had turned off the main road. Clarke told me this was the main road and this was part of the island that they haven't had enough money to finish the road yet. This beach was literally off the beaten path!
 |
| We were swimming in the middle of thousands of tiny fish. |
 |
| Tiny fish everywhere! |
 |
| I found this beautiful Conch swimming on the bottom of the ocean. Clarke took it home and tried to cook it. It smelled so gross that we threw it out (I guess it's a delicacy out here, yuck!). We kept the shell though. We won't be able to take it to the states with us because it's illegal to take shells and Customs will confiscate it if they find it in your bag! |
 |
| We ended the day with some yummy and much missed Mexican food. |
I am so lucky to have all of this beauty right in my back yard. I am really having a blast out here. We are going to check out some beaches we haven't been to here on St Thomas. Stay tuned for more pictures of our Memorial Day weekend in paradise!
On a side note, we experienced some rumbling around 4 am this morning. Apparently we get multiple earthquakes a day, but some are so small you don't notice them. We got a 4.3 earthquake about 16 miles away from us. It definitely woke us up and scared the crap out of our cats (they tore out from under the sheets so fast)! Check out this cool blog that talks about it
here.
P.S. - I am still trying to figure out a look for my blog. I'm totally new to this and so please bare with me as I may be changing it frequently! Plus, any tips or suggestions would be great!
The scenery looks beautiful! Those underwater guide things are so cool, it must be crystal clear water. Glad you are having so much fun!
ReplyDelete